Missing teeth can be detrimental to a patient’s self-esteem and confidence. Additionally, missing teeth can also cause speech impediments and dietary restrictions, thus affecting a patient’s overall health.
Dental implants are mirrored versions of a natural tooth’s structure, however they are made from biocompatible titanium, which offers a permanent and long-term solution for missing teeth.
Dr. Reangber has acquired advanced training in implant dentistry, making her able to safely and skilfully perform dental implants for her patients.
Who can and cannot receive dental implants
Everyone in good health that can undergo examinations, and those who have healthy gums and sufficient bone structure in the jaw, are typically good candidates for dental implants.
Heavy smokers and those with a higher risk of heart disease or diabetes may be required to have additional prophylactic treatments before receiving implant therapy. Patients are all evaluated on a case-by-case basis to determine what the best options are for their plan of care.
Duration of the process
Placing implants and restoring the final tooth requires multiple visits, with the post placement typically done in one visit. Dental implants need to remain covered under the gums for three to six months, depending on the patient’s case. After the initial placement of the implant and the follow up evaluation is completed, the patient returns to the cosmetic dental clinic for the rest of the procedure. This follow up includes the process of removing the healing cap that covers the implant, and placing the final crown.
Benefits of dental implants
- Better oral health. Dental implants effectively preserve the health of the jawbone. Additionally, implants do not require the restorative dentist to trim healthy teeth, unlike the work that is done in placing a bridge to restore a missing tooth.
- Improved appearance. Dental implants bring back your teeth’s natural look, ensuring that there’s minimal aesthetic changes to the way your natural smile looked and felt. Let LifeTime Smiles perform the procedure for results that look as natural as it’s been in the past.
- Improved speech. People struggling with speech due to missing teeth can see a profound improvement in the sound, clarity, and cohesiveness of their speech.
- Durability. Dental implants are known for the utmost durability. They are just as strong as natural teeth.
- Lifelong value. Dental implants may last a lifetime, provided that patient maintains good oral hygiene. That perfect smile you you’ve been longing for can be maintained for a lifetime of smiles.
For quality dental implant crowns, consult with LifeTime Smiles today and share your story. The practice is ready to get your smile back on track.